Sunday, September 1, 2013

Ode to Pinterest

I'm not going to lie.
I freaking love Pinterest.

I am doing some family history by scanning all of Ryun's mom's family pictures she took of the kids growing up. It's taking forever, but it has really cemented my confidence in Ryun and I having ridiculously attractive babies one day.

( I mean, look at him!)

Because it takes about 30 seconds for each picture to scan, I'm also on Pinterest looking up recipes. Now I know it's super easy to waste a ton of time on Pinterest, but today it has been time well spent. I found 11 recipes I'd like to try and three new food blogs to check out that look promising. 

I pretty much only pin things I'm actually planning on making.

(except dessert...I hope the images satisfy my cravings instead of actually eating that stuff. I've only actually made about 5-10 of the things on my dessert board. Go me.)

 Anyways, I do a pretty good job of actually making things I find on there. So far, I have made and kept 73 different recipes. Many of them I have made five or six times. Like the Cajun Pasta, homemade soft pretzels, Mediterranean quesadillas and Caprese Lasagna. Yum. 

I delete the ones I don't like so that I don't accidentally make them again and so I kind find the ones I do like easier. I have a separate board of recipes I haven't tried yet. There's about 140 on there right now that I'm making my way through. I will soon be trying this one, this one and this one

This is all very exciting for everyone to read, but after realizing how many new things I'd found in about 20 minutes I was pretty happy. Ryun and I have a lot of fun cooking together and trying out new things and new restaurants (last night's new Mexican restaurant almost killed me), and I'm glad we can spend less time searching Google for recipes and more time actually doing the things we like. 

And Pinterest has pretty much taught me how to cook. Well--taught me how to cook more than spaghetti, hot dogs, PB&J, and lemon bars. I couldn't make a roux to save my life. I'm not an amazing cook now, but I'm good enough.

Pinterest has also taught me how to sew some stuff, how to do my wedding reception in AZ for under $1000 but still be a big party, how to get free Redbox, and other things. It even gives me a head's up that some of my friends are pregnant by their sudden baby pins all over the place. It's also helped me realize that I do have priorities and some stuff just takes way too much time away from my family--even if it's cute/crafty/tasty/fashionable/etc. I will never figure out how to successfully braid my entire head and I'm okay with that.


(this will never happen for me)

So this is my long-winded way of letting the world know that I love Pinterest. Thank you for introducing me to people who know how to do things that I don't who are willing to teach me for free. 
That's my kind of deal. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!! I wish I made 1/3 of what I post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! I totally agree about learning how to do stuff for free. Sometimes I look at pinterest just for the motivation to get up and do things!

    ReplyDelete