Sunday, June 15, 2014

For the fellas

Happy Father's Day!

I am so grateful for the good men in my life. While none of you is my actual dad, you've done so much good for my life.

 Maybe you're one of my brothers, father-in-law, brothers-in-law, some other male relative, friends, Sunday School teachers, regular school teachers, a friend's husband, mission president, a senior elder from Nebraska, an old bishop, a great boss, a friendly ward member, one of my friend's dad, or maybe I just babysat your kids. Let's not forget my husband--he's going to be a great daddy one day.

Whoever you are in that lineup, thank you for teaching me how to drive, scaring my boyfriends, encouraging me in my school work, reminding me not to settle for anything in my life, having fun with me, being a soundboard for all my crazy ideas and not thinking I'm weird, telling me that it was cool for me to go on a mission before it was cool, making me laugh, teaching me the birds and the bees (you know who you are), reassuring me that I could wear the boss skirt and be good at it, letting me cry on your shoulder for whatever reason (let's face it, there were a lot), inspiring me to know that I am a girl who can do anything, calling me before a surgery I didn't think I could handle, telling me I was beautiful on my wedding day, and always letting me that you're proud of me.

I love all the men who have filled that role in my life at various times. Because of you all, I rarely feel like I don't have a father. That means the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment