Monday, July 28, 2014

P90x3 day 1


So last night Ryun and I did our body measurements and "before" pictures. That was depressing. I love my body, all the things it does, my blood work shows that overall I'm pretty healthy, but I also know that I have more fat than is healthy. I'm not trying to become a model or some unrealistic weight --I just want to feel better and make sure I prepare myself to be healthy for life.

Moving to AZ has been great, but it has been a big lifestyle change for us. We still work out most days, but we're much more sedentary over all. In our Utah college town we walked all over and were in hiking areas within 10 minutes. In Arizona I drive 30 min to work each way, sit at a desk all day, and it's too freaking hot to go for walks anywhere. Even in nicer weather, the neighborhoods are just so ugly. The ones with nice houses are not as fun to walk around and look at as the old unique houses in Utah.



(He's so intense)


Anyways, those are excuses I tell myself. Regardless of the reasons, it's time for us to get in better shape. This morning we did our first day of p90x3. It was fun! My tendonitis in my right thumb started acting up over the weekend, but I was able to do more than I thought I would so that's good. Some of the moves wouldn't be so bad on their own, but after doing a few other moves I felt pretty rubbery trying to maintain my balance!

After we were home Ryun commented that he felt "stretchy." I agree, my muscles felt more elongated after the workout. It felt really nice. I never got so sore today that I couldn't move, which was a nice change from the first time I did plyometrics a few years ago--ouch! I'm looking forward to tomorrow's workout and to doing today's workout again next week and seeing how I have improved. And hopefully saying goodbye to all the weight I carry around in my legs. As much as I'm in this for better health, I'm also down for having better looking legs :)

Also, one fun Katie fact: P90X came out while I was on my mission and I heard a lot about it while I was gone, so naturally when I got home I borrowed my brother's copy before I went back to college. After about two weeks of doing it I had a nightmare that Tony Horton was trying to kill me. Here's hoping I have P90X3 on my mind that much again!

 (Some people think he's a little annoying, I think he's hilarious)

No comments:

Post a Comment