Sunday, August 31, 2014

P90x3 phase 1 progress

Woohoo Phase 1 is done!

Sike! (or is it Psych?)




 It's only supposed to be 3 weeks each phase and then 1 week "transition" before going to the next phase. but Ryun hurt his foot during the first week so I finished out that week and restarted with him the next week.

The verdict:
I love it!

I still do not like the Warrior workout, but I really like all the other ones so far. The Challenge is one of my faves because I feel like I've gotten way stronger because of it. It's the one where you just switch off between variations of pull-ups (a.k.a. the modified ones with the resistance band for me) and push-ups. 
1st workout: 50-something pushups. On my knees and not very deep. Crazy sore afterwards.
4th workout: 78 pushups. All but 6 on my feet, thank you very much! 
So those 78 weren't as deep as they should be, but considering I couldn't bend my arms at the beginning if I was in normal push-up position...I feel like a stud. 

Kip just gets me

I didn't see the scale move too much during this phase. I thought I saw in the mirror that my waist looked smaller, but I figured I had some wishful thinking going on. I did know that I was getting a lot stronger, which was what I was really hoping for during this first phase. We did our measurements and "after" pictures for the first phase.
I lost 5 pounds and a total of 4.5-5 inches. 1.5 inches off my waist, 2 inches off my chest, and the rest was smaller increments from my arms and legs. 

All in all, pretty happy with the first phase!

Also, this is sometimes how I feel:




No comments:

Post a Comment