Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Phase 2

I really liked phase 2, but I missed the fun cardio workouts from phase 1. This one used more weights and had less jumping around. It was fun to see how much I increased the weight I was lifting and I continue to feel like I'm getting stronger every day. I'm probably driving Ryun crazy with how often I say "Look, I have triceps!" I'm definitely checking myself out more in the mirror lately.
Which makes my results from this phase a little frustrating. I know I shouldn't be only focusing on numbers, but come on--who doesn't? I know I feel good and am even looking better, but I'd be a little more satisfied if I saw it in the numbers too! I'm not sure why my results seemed to stagnate this phase. I've been trying to pinpoint some potential reasons. 
  • We eat pretty healthy for the most part, though we did go to panda express last week after a particularly hellish work week. And I immediately regretted it, by the way. I think it was a huge sodium overload on my body. Pretty sure I'm still bloated from that! I also can empathize with this a little better now:
    (Or in my case, Panda Express in my body)
  • I had to start taking a couple medications that both have a side effect of weight gain. Maybe I should just be happy I maintained weight instead of gained :)
  • I've been pretty stressed out the past few weeks with work.
  • Also, sometimes at 5:45a.m. Tony Horton reminds me waaay too much of Tony Perkis/Ben Stiller in Heavyweights. I swear in one video he calls himself Uncle Tony and I lost it. It was during a balance move too so I fell over laughing and couldn't put in my best effort because I was giggling the rest of the workout.
 Still, I'm grateful for the results I did see. As I said before, I maintained my weight loss from phase one, lost 1" from my waist, 3/4" off my chest, and 1/4" from my hips. I know a quarter inch isn't much, but I will happily record that change. I feel like I'm losing weight from the top down. Eventually I'll lose some more off these hips and thighs!

Awesome news for the day, I did the Challenge workout today and did a total of 77 pushups--ALL on my feet, thankyouverymuch! I was even watching in the mirror and my form was good and I was going deeper.
That's what I'm talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment